February is the month of love.
Think about who you love, make a mental list.
I’m sure you put at the top of your list love for your spouse, love for your children, love for parents, siblings, love for your pets, but did you put love for yourself?
- Is a state of appreciation and love for oneself that grows from actions supporting physical, psychological, and spiritual growth.
- Means respecting yourself and your well-being and happiness.
- Is accepting yourself as you are in this moment for everything you are. It means getting your emotions for what they are and putting your physical, emotional, and mental well-being first.
- Means taking care of your own needs and not sacrificing your well-being to please others, and I know as a mom and wife, we occasionally put the needs of others before our own. But it is as essential to take care of yourself show yourself some love.
- Is another way to say self-care. Never feel guilty about self-care.
What does self-love mean to you?
We all have a unique way of loving ourselves. So if you’re unsure about how to start showing yourself some love, here are some thought-starters for how to do it today and every day.
- Thinking and talking about yourself with love
- Choose an affirmation you repeat to yourself every day
- I am beautiful inside and out
- Setting healthy boundaries
- Be intentional about your health
- Eat nutrient-rich foods that will send love to every cell in your body
- Sit less and move more
- Try something creative
- Read a book
- Take a bubble bath with candlelight and a glass of wine
- Be mindful
- Shut down all electronics and go to bed early
Finally, to practice self-love, start by being kind, patient, gentle, and compassionate to yourself.